httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mcgovern, Matthew CIV NAVAIR 521420E" <matthew.mcgov...@navy.mil>
Subject [users@httpd] Configure error on HP-UX 10.20 install
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:51:44 GMT
I thought I would send this out again with more clarification.

I am very new at installing Apache.  I have an older HP-UX 10.20 OS.
I'm trying to install Apache 2.2.2.

After typing "./configure --prefix=/h/data/local/APACHE" the
configuration continues for a good while and then this error occurs:

"checking for void pointer length... yes"
"configure: error: size of "void *" is less than size of "long""

I have no idea what "void *" or "long" are referring to or how to change
their size.  Can I modify the default configure file to eliminate this
error, or will that cause problems down the road?  If so, what do I
modify?  Can anyone help?

VR,
Matt