httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy between WebSphere and the WebServer - prevent "Bad Gateway" errors.
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:46:44 GMT
Sorry; I did not really get it the first time around. The reverse proxy is located between
the plugin and WAS.

However I do not see why this should interfere with the work of the WAS plugin since the latter,
as far as I recall, basically just performs routing based on the contents of the JSESSIONID
cookie.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard de Vries [mailto:richard_devries@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy between WebSphere and the WebServer - prevent "Bad
Gateway" errors.

Actually, without the Proxy, the WAS plugin properly detects an instance as being down and
reroutes the requests to one of the other app servers. So, with the proxy, it keeps sending
requests to the faulty server causing people to see frequent "bad gateway errors".

But, you are correct when dealing with an environment that only has one appserver that is
down, or dealing with an environment with multiple app servers -- all of which are down.

So, in my my multi-app server environment, the proxy is basically breaking the plugin's functionality
to detect and reroute traffic.