httpd-users mailing list archives

From rea...@newsguy.com
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Serve /var/www and public_html
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 19:17:46 GMT
"David Salisbury" <salisbury@globe.gov> writes:

> Well, you'd probably have to script alias every user's directory as well as the /var/...
directory.

> But, you should be able to get around that with a
>
> AddHandler cgi-script cgi
>
> in your conf file.

At this point I do have that uncommented and I've gotten a little
further toward my goal.

I can now fire a cgi anywhere under $public_html and at
  /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin.

But still nothing outside of /var/../cgi-bin/ will fire.

The directory settings look like
  (some of it may be a bit overdone):

<Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs>
    Options All MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi is also enabled outside that directory
setting.

Still cgi outside of /var/../cgi-bin/ under htdocs/ will not fire but
instead just display as a file.

the apache error_log says:
Options ExecCGI is off in this directory: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/exp/test.cgi, referer:
http://reader.local.lan/exp/

But /var/www/localhost/htdocs should include any subdirectories right.

In httpd.conf is says:
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#

Adding that directory specifally (..htdocs/exp) in another `Directory'
statement does make cgi work there but that shuold just happen with
the above Directory statement right?