httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis Hoffman" <le...@grasscommons.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] reverse proxy fails on uri escape sequences
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:47:39 GMT
Hi Axel,

The story is that the receiving application is processing the request as:

http://<server>/<attribute1>/<attribute2>/<attribute3>

so if I want a literal '/' in one of those attributes it has to be encoded
otherwise the request processing doesn't break things up properly.

with LogLevel up to info, I get this in the apache error log:

[Wed Jun 28 10:44:32 2006] [info] [client 192.168.1.10] found %2f (encoded
'/') in URI (decoded='/c/wiki/new/this/that'), returning 404

so it seems that this is intentional behavior and probably not a bug
persay.  I may have to redesign the application..

thanks for all your help.