httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Brusten <philip.brus...@cc.kuleuven.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2.2.2: mod_headers %{env-var}e
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:23:34 GMT
Hello,

I have a reverse proxy (Apache2.2.2) where I want to set a request
header "a" based on the value of another request variable "b".
Additionally, request header "b" must have a certain value. If request
header "b" doesn't match that certain value, I don't want to set request
header "a".
This is how I planned to do this:

- Check request header "b" and set an environment variable if true.
(SetEnvIf)
- Set request header "a" with value of request header "b" when the
environment variable, mentioned above, is set.

eg:
SetEnvIf MyRequestVar_b ^regex$ SET_HEADER_OK
RequestHeader set MyRequestVar_a %{HTTP_MYREQUESTVAR_B}e env=SET_HEADER_OK

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the second line works under
Apache2 but always returns (null) under apache2.2.2. I need apache2.2.2
because of its keep-alive functionality as reverse-proxy.
Can all request headers be used for matching in the directive SetEnvIf?
Maybe I am using a wrong syntax for looking up the environment variables?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Philip

--
Brusten Philip