httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dwayne Tharpe <dtha...@unc.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess error URGENT
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:08:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to this and have never used mod-rewrite before or used regular
expressions.

We have a need to mod_rewrite a link.  Below is what I'm using in a
.htaccess file:

RewriteEngine on
Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteRule ^overview$ /guide/index.cfm?item=Chapter&Chapter_ID=C342 [L]

The problem is that "overview" is the name of a subdirectory under
guide, so I get an error (403 I think)
when it tries to rewrite. I can't rename the subdirectory and the users
are demanding that they be able to use just the word "overview" as a
hyperlink.

Any suggestions? And I'm under a major time constraint :(

Thanks in advance,
Dwayne

--
Dwayne Tharpe