httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen <stephe...@rogers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with Virtual Hots
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:46:12 GMT
I am trying to use my Linux box (Red Hat ) as an apache server (2.0.40 )
for testing and development but I cannot get the virtual hosting working.

I am accessing from a Windows machine and the domains are resolved in
the windows host file. I can ping them just fine, and they are resolved
to the Linux box.

When I access by http://"IP address", I get the apache welcome page.

I see the access to the IP address in the log file.

When I try to access http://www.domaintest.com I get a "server not
found" error in Firefox. I see nothing in the apache logs.

I have run httpd -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS and apache tells me the syntax is OK.

In httpd.conf I have:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /home/stephen/www/domaintest
    ServerName www.domaintest.com
    ServerAdmin stephen@domaintest
    ServerSignature email
</VirtualHost>

Can someone help me get this figured out?

Thanks
Stephen