httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost directive not working after XP SP2 install
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:13:37 GMT
It's that hotfix you must have.

Then, if it works and listen 80 doesn't behave, I suspect that MS is still
treating each loopback IP as disassociated from 'all' 0.0.0.0.

So try this instead

listen 127.0.0.1:80
listen 127.0.0.2:80
listen 127.0.0.5:80

Oh, and take a look at using windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on the
machine she uses to set up

127.0.0.1	www.myshop.local www.thatshop.local

and then use named hosts to map www.myshop.local etc each to their own vhost.
It's alot easier than by-ip, and you can even use a real (local) ip of the
box apache is running on (listening to that port) and copy around these lines
to the other boxes, so she can compare ie to firefox etc etc.