httpd-users mailing list archives

From BP Jonsson <bpjons...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Error message "LocationMatch not allowed here"
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:17:42 GMT
Dear friends,

I get an error message:

"[alert] [client xxx] /home/account/public_html/.htaccess:
<LocationMatch not allowed here"

The host admin thinks it is a cgi-error, but I'm more
inclined to think it has to do with what directives are
allowed in .htaccess files as described at <
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html#what>
It seems there should be an AllowOverride directive
somewhere, but where? And what should it look like?  Can I
fix this problem or do I have to have the host admin do it?

I'm aware this may be a FAQ.  I have unsuccessfully looked
around for an answer, but I don't really know how to
formulate the question, so I ask your forgiveness and hope
somebody has some advice.

/BP