httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karsten Konrad <karsten.kon...@uni-graz.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Change HTTP status code in Custom Errors - next try
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:14:06 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Karsten Konrad <karsten.konrad@uni-graz.at> wrote:
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I'd like to change the custom errormessages so they don't return the
>> actual http code "502 Bad Gateway" but "503 Service Unavailable". I had
>> hoped, that including a status line in the header might work, but it
>> doesn't. Below I have included a fragment of my last attempt.
>>
>> Does anybody know how to solve this?
>> I haven't found a clue neither the docs nor on google so far. :-(
>
> The only way that I know of to lie about the status code is to point
> your ErrorDocument at a CGI script that sends the Status: header.

Dear Joshua!

Thanks for the input! I had hoped, that I could avoid cgi/php stuff but
I'll give it a try now.

After my post yesterday I had an other, maybe stubid, idea and tried to
change the Header with mod_headers like this:

    <Location "/error/CUSTOM_SERVER_MAINTENANCE.html.var">
      Header set STATUS "503 Service Unavailable"
    </Location>

The result is the following line in the HTTP Header "Status: 503 Service
Unavailable"
But the return code itself is still "HTTP/1.x 200 OK"

Best regards,
Karsten