httpd-users mailing list archives

From masro <ma...@llbc.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy with Apache HTTP Server
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:47:49 GMT
hi,

> Hi,
>
> We have configured reverse proxy with Apache HTTP
> server i.e user requests (via HTTPS) are recd. by
> webserver A, which are then sent (via HTTP) to
> webserver B, where they are forwarded to Tomcat.
> Now the problem, we are facing is of double
> authentication i.e once a user is authenticated with
> 1st web server via LDAP, another login screen pops up
> when the 1st webserver forwards to request to 2nd web
> server.

is it really necessary that you authenticate the user on webserver b ?
why you dont switch authentication off at this Systeme ? how dose your
application authorize the user ( cookie, sessionid, etc ) ? try to set
an additional http header at webserver a RequestHeader set
"HTTP_USER_ID" "%{USER}e", user the header to authorize the user.

regards