httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Marcos R. Cardoso" <mcard...@furb.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:50:41 GMT
Boyle Owen escreveu:
> There is no problem for a single instance of apache to have any number of name-based
HTTP VHs on port 80 *and* exactly one HTTPS VH on port 443. What you can't have is name-based
HTTPS VHs.

> Regarding the original post:
>

>> 	But if I use the NameVirtualHost directive (like
>> "NameVirtualHost
>> 	myDomain" or "NameVirtualHost myDomain:443"), Apache
>> keep on not
>> 	starting and the Events List gives me the message that
>> "It's usually
>> 	allowed socket address only once"
>>

> Trying to use name-based VHs with HTTPS flags a warning.
>

>> 	But the interesting part is that, even not using a
>> virtual host, Apache
>> 	starts normally and I can use https connection using
>> the certificates
>> 	that I generated temporarily, eve if it's not specified in the
>> 	http.conf. I don't know if my Web Server is working in
>> a proper way, so
>> 	I would like some help on it.
>>

> It's not too clear what's happening (maybe you could post the real URLs?) but it sounds
like this:

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=113639225506340&w=2
>
> Rgds,
> Owen Boyle

Let's clarify what's happening: all that I'm trying is only to set the
Web Server to work with SSL. And, as far as the documentation is
concerned, it's necessary to configure a VirtualHost to listen on Port
443, so you can establish a secure connection. But using the VirtualHost
directive, Apache can't start and the following error message is given:
[warn] VirtualHost www.myDomain:443 overlaps with VirtualHost
www.myDomain:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
NameVirtualHost directive

But I only use the VirtualHost directive once! At least in the http.conf
it's made once, is there somewhere else where the VirtualHost is defined
besides the httpd.conf file?

--
Marcos R. Cardoso
Seção de Processamento Técnico e Automação