httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ahn, Chang" <a...@staff.abanet.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Can Apache automatically popup a dialogue box before allowing access to a file?
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:55:04 GMT
Can Apache automatically popup a dialogue box before allowing access to
a file?

I know SSI will allow me to add html fragments to a HTML page but I need
something that will work for MS docs, PDF, and other binary files.
Basically, I want my users to agree to a disclaimer (or see a disclaimer
header/footer) before viewing a document.   When a user attempts to
access a specific area of my site, I want to popup some sort of dialog
box asking them to agree to my usage disclaimer.  I'd prefer it if
Apache could automatically display the dialogue box or footer on any
file request within a specific directory.

- Chang