httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Damian Birchler" <dam...@r-film.ch>
Subject [users@httpd] Customizing Automatic Redirects
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:28:01 GMT
Hi all

I have got Squid installed as an httpd accelerator for httpd. Squid will
not allow requests to internal.example.com other than per SSL/TLS. Squid
itself talks to httpd in plain text. Now, when httpd generates automatic
redirects -- what I mean by this, is for example redirecting /foo to /foo/
-- it tells the client to try HTTP://internal.example.com/foo/ which is
then blocked by Squid.

So, my question: Is it somehow possible to customize automatic redirects,
for instance by telling httpd to use only relative paths?

Thanks very much
Damian Birchler