httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Lemes" <ericle...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:01:50 GMT
Hello there,

I'm using apache 2.0.58 to setup a Subversion server.

It's running in Windows 2003 server (against my will), and I having troubles
with SVN + case insensitive file system in some issues that I think I can
solve with mod_rewrite.

I read the manual and tutorials with mod_rewrite and didn't understand how
the "rewrite" works exactly.

I need to rewrite a url, translating to lowercase only the repository dir,
in the example:

http://myserver/svn/MyRepos/AnyDirWithAnyCase

This should be translated to

http://myserver/svn/myrepos/AnyDirWithAnyCase.

I tried RewriteRule (\/.*\/.*) ${lowercase:{$1}} [L], but it didn't work (I
don't understand how to tell it that $1 is what I need in lowercase).

In my httpd.conf (I don't matter if other URL's rewrited. I use this server
only for subversion).

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Lemes