httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Henderson <dhender...@digital-pipe.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache and ssl
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:10:00 GMT
I am wondering if the virtual host definitions are wrong.  Can I  do the following (even though
the ServerName options have the same  value)?  Can I use the IP addresses like I have done
below?

  <VirtualHost 192.168.0.12:80>
          ServerAdmin webmaster@sitename.com
          ServerName demo.sitename.com
          DocumentRoot /var/www/sitename.com/demo

          #   This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
          <Directory /var/www/sitename.com/demo>
                  Options Indexes Includes
                  AllowOverride Options
                  Order allow,deny
                  Allow from all
          </Directory>
          ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/sitename.com/demo/error.log
          CustomLog /var/log/apache2/sitename.com/demo/access.log common
          CustomLog /var/log/apache2/sitename.com/demo/referer.log referer
          CustomLog /var/log/apache2/sitename.com/demo/agent.log agent

          # Possible values: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg.
          LogLevel warn

          ServerSignature On
  </VirtualHost>

  <VirtualHost 192.168.0.13:443>
          ServerAdmin webmaster@sitename.com
          ServerName demo.sitename.com
          DocumentRoot /var/www/sitename.com/demo/ssl

          #   SSL specifications
          SSLEngine On
          SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/certs/sitename.com.crt
          SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/keys/sitename.com.key
          SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/root/sitename.com.crt
          SSLCipherSuite  SSLv2:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
          SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

  #       SSLVerifyClient require
  #       SSLVerifyDepth 1
  #       CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ssl \ "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x$
  #       <Location /ssl>
  #               SSLCipherSuite SSLv2:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
  #               SSLVerifyClient require
  #               SSLVerifyDepth 1
  #       </Location>

          #   This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
          <Directory /var/www/sitename.com/demo/ssl>