httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Henderson <dhender...@digital-pipe.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache and ssl
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:19:17 GMT
Joshua,

      Thanks for the response.  I actually did add  that syntax to the config right after
I posted the message.  Now I  get prompted for a password when starting apache (which I knew
was  going to happen).  So that tells me that I have made some  progress.  I am still getting
a 501 error whenever I try to access  the defined ssl site.  Any other ideas?

  Thanks,

  Dave

Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:  On 6/28/06, Dave Henderson  wrote:
>  Gang,
>
>       I have been working on this issue over the past few days.  I am trying
>  get SSL working with Apache 2.0 (Debian 3.0).  I have read through
>  documentation on how to create Root CA's, ssl certificates and keys,
>  etc.  I made a root ca and created a certificate and key for my site.
>  I inserted the these lines into the following files (as well as the
> http.conf file):

I'm not seeing "SSLEngine On" anywhere.

Joshua.