httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] (again) Can not define "default" name virtual host
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:14:56 GMT

On 27.06.06 13:06, Pid wrote:
> So you want to return default.fantomas.sk in all cases where the IP
> address or another ServerName is not defined?

Yes, for everything that does not exist. 195.168.3.66 and
fantomas.fantomas.sk do exist and they should return something I configure,
everything else should go to "default.fantomas.sk"

> Your problem here is that the ServerName requires a fully-qualified
> domain name, rather than an IP address.

I think that ServerName could contain anything that users may request in the
Host: header ;-)

(and there are some historical cases where IP's are called directly)

> It serves the default host when
> it can't decide which to pick, this would include an IP address.
>
> I don't think there's a bug, or even an undocumented behaviour.

The documentation (somehow) says that virtual host applies, if the requested
name matches ServerName or ServerAlias. What I show here is, that it matches
even if the requested name matches the "name" defined in
<VirtualHost "name"> which is not documented (and causes problems to me).

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are