httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anil Dighade" <da...@techmahindra.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Switching between HTTP and HTTPS
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:27:36 GMT

Hi all,
Thanks to everyone who responded, Here is some stats for soln that I have
used.

I used following rewrite rule
RewriteRule ^bas/(.*?BIR.*?)$ https://172.24.6.57:7334/bas/$1 [L]

Rewrite log after accessing page
"http://172.24.6.57:7333/bas/BIRApprovedGet.do" is pasted below

172.24.226.59 - - [20/Jun/2006:13:52:42 +051800]
[172.24.6.57/sid#153018][rid#1a74a8/initial] (1) pass through /bas

Desired page is displayed but here I am neither displayed a security alert
message, nor the link has changed to https and port changed.

Any Clues why?????

Regards,
Anil D

-----Original Message-----
From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas [mailto:uhlar@fantomas.sk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:16 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Switching between HTTP and HTTPS

On 19.06.06 19:19, Anil Dighade wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how to implement switching between HTTP and HTTPS. As
> read from various sources, this should be done using qualified URL from
> code. But is it possible in Apache to configure such switching depending
on
> URL string. For eg. if I enter "crypt" word in my url, then on identifying
> that word Apache should redirect/rewrite it and I should be displayed that
> link over ssl.
> http://localhost:7333/docrypt.jsp then I should be forwarded to
> https://localhost:7334/docrypt.jsp
>
> I have tried some of the solutions that are available on net, but could
not
> get success.

the easiest solution is to put this line:

Redirect permanent /docrypt.jsp https://localhost:7334/docrypt.jsp

into <VirtualHost> definition for localhost:7333

If you have many documents to redirect, you can play with RedirectMatch
and/or Rewrite*
Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed
to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case
you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the
sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s)
if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.
However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech
Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.