httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anil Dighade" <da...@techmahindra.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Switching between HTTP and HTTPS
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:49:14 GMT

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me how to implement switching between HTTP and HTTPS. As
read from various sources, this should be done using qualified URL from
code. But is it possible in Apache to configure such switching depending on
URL string. For eg. if I enter "crypt" word in my url, then on identifying
that word Apache should redirect/rewrite it and I should be displayed that
link over ssl.
http://localhost:7333/docrypt.jsp then I should be forwarded to
https://localhost:7334/docrypt.jsp

I have tried some of the solutions that are available on net, but could not
get success.

Regards,
D Anil

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if
any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed
to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case
you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the
sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s)
if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority,
states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus.
However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech
Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.