httpd-users mailing list archives

From <k...@panix.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unexpected headers; strange responses from browsers
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:27:01 GMT

As the following questions will make plain, I am very much the noob
when it comes to Apache.

One of my Perl CGI scripts, for some reason, causes Apache to emit
"application/x-perl" for the Content-type header, even though the code
clearly prints "Content-type: text/html".

A possibly related problem is that when I visit some of these scripts
with a browser, I get a dialog asking which application to open the
page with.  As far as I can tell, the browser is receiving the proper
"text/html" Content-type field, but it is being ignored.

How can I troubleshoot these problems?

Thanks!

kj