httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steely, Bruce \(Mission Systems\)" <Bruce.Ste...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Invalid argument: Failed to acquire global mutex lock
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 15:58:15 GMT
I'll try it.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV [mailto:Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:19 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Invalid argument: Failed to acquire global mutex lock

I have had this kind of problems before, and I seem to remember I even posted a bug about
it.

For your information the error message you get does come from mod_ssl:

bash-2.03$ find . -type f -name \*.c -exec grep -l 'Failed to acquire global mutex lock' {}
\; ./modules/ssl/ssl_engine_mutex.c bash-2.03$

This problem appeared when I migrated from Apache 2.0.49 to 2.0.54. The default mutex for
my platform (Solaris) was changed somewhere thereabout.

I ended up explicitly setting AcceptMutex and SSLMutex to pthread (the previous default) and
never had this problem again. I believe using a file, fcntl or flock mutex on a shared drive
is not recommended

-ascs