httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ENV missing in fastCGI
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 02:08:06 GMT
On 6/4/06, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote:
> An example of this is under FastCgiConfig, there is no auto-update that is
> recognized.

> I assumed that using a directive like
> AutoUpdate
> would do it, but it didn't.  At least it isn't treated like a typical Apache
> Directive.
>
> Is there some boneheaded thing I'm overlooking here?

-autoUpdate is literally an argument to the FastCGIConfig directive, as in
LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so
FastCgiConfig -autoUpdate -idle-timeout 10

It only pertains to dynamic applications, which are applications for which no
explicit FastCGIServer or FastCGIExternalServer are in your httpd.conf

Static servers are started at initialization time with their own set
of parameters.  Dynamic servers are started when a request comes in
that dosn't match an external or static server but is served by the
mod_fastcgi handler.  The policy of spawning/killing these dynamic
processes is based on the filename of the request and the "global"
FastCGIConfig settings.
External servers are not managed by mod_fastcgi, and may be running on
another box entirely and listening for fastcgi connections.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com