httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pieter Bolle <pieter.host...@encima.be>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2, tomcat 5.0.28 and mod_proxy_ajp
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:14:23 GMT
I had to set up a a name based virtual host on a server. The JSP-files
of this server should be served by Tomcat, any other file should be
served by Apache. Therefore, I wrote this configuration:

<VirtualHost *:80>

        ServerName domain.be
        ServerAlias www.domain.be
        ServerAdmin hosting@encima.be
        DocumentRoot /home/domain.be/public_html
        RewriteEngine on
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /(.*)\.jsp$
	RewriteRule ^/(.*) ajp://localhost/$1 [P]

        <Directory /home/domain.be/public_html/WEB-INF/>
           AllowOverride None
           Deny from all
        </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Actually, this works fine, but I was wondering if this is really the
good way, as documentation about this matter seems to be rather thin.
Anyone suggestions?

Kind regards,
Pieter Bolle