httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Salisbury" <salisb...@globe.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Serve /var/www and public_html
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:03:54 GMT
> Will a default setup allow me to fire cgi in these places:
>
> /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs (and all subdir)
> ~/public_html (and all subdir)
>
> It appears not to here.

If you want cgi execution in /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin
then why do you have

<Directory "/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

????!

Oh.. and what's in these:     Include /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf   ?
Have you checked?

Sorry but I wont be able to debug this for you with snippets, nor do I really want
to pour over someone else's conf file  :(   as that sucks.  But it looks like you just need
to rtfm and look carefully at what you're doing.

-ds