httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CC CHEN" <cc.c...@fsd.com.my>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Pease help with mod_deflate configuration
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 00:36:42 GMT
Hi,

Did you mean this :

##################

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None

    <Location />
 # Insert filter

 # HTTP COMPRESSION
 SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

 # Netscape 4.x has some problems...
 BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
 # Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems
 BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
 # MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine
 # BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
 # NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48
 # the above regex won't work. You can use the following
 # workaround to get the desired effect:
 BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
 # Don't compress images
 SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
 \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary

 # Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content
 #Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
 </Location>

</Directory>

This would give error message "<Location not allowed here".

And I tried to comment the <Location> , no error message given. Anyway this doesn't
work.