httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CC CHEN" <cc.c...@fsd.com.my>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Pease help with mod_deflate configuration
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:14:35 GMT
Hi,

It doesn't work at all if i replace <Location /> with <Directory />

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Emmanuel E
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 6:58 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Pease help with mod_deflate configuration

  try putting it in the <Directory> container.

  CC CHEN wrote:
    Greeting,

    I have put in the deflate function in the httpd.conf as below.
    During testing, the compression is working when I access my web page from internal IP
address e.g.:http://x.x.x.x.
    Anyway when I access the web page using domain name e.g.: http://my.web.com, the compression
is not working by looking at the apache access log.

    Can anyone help me to figure what is wrong with my httpd.conf file. Thank you.

    ############### httpd.conf
    <Location />
    # Insert filter

    # HTTP COMPRESSION
    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

    # Netscape 4.x has some problems...
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
    # Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
    # MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine
    # BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
    # NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48
    # the above regex won't work. You can use the following
    # workaround to get the desired effect:
    BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
    # Don't compress images
    SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
    \.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary

    # Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content
    #Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
    </Location>