httpd-users mailing list archives

From "CC CHEN" <cc.c...@fsd.com.my>
Subject [users@httpd] Pease help with mod_deflate configuration
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:39:22 GMT
Greeting,

I have put in the deflate function in the httpd.conf as below.
During testing, the compression is working when I access my web page from internal IP address
e.g.:http://x.x.x.x.
Anyway when I access the web page using domain name e.g.: http://my.web.com, the compression
is not working by looking at the apache access log.

Can anyone help me to figure what is wrong with my httpd.conf file. Thank you.

############### httpd.conf
<Location />
# Insert filter

# HTTP COMPRESSION
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

# Netscape 4.x has some problems...
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
# Netscape 4.06-4.08 have some more problems
BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
# MSIE masquerades as Netscape, but it is fine
# BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
# NOTE: Due to a bug in mod_setenvif up to Apache 2.0.48
# the above regex won't work. You can use the following
# workaround to get the desired effect:
BrowserMatch \bMSI[E] !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
# Don't compress images
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
\.(?:gif|jpe?g|png)$ no-gzip dont-vary

# Make sure proxies don't deliver the wrong content
#Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary
</Location>