httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Salisbury" <salisb...@globe.gov>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FW: User Dir Mod & NIS
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:27:54 GMT
I had a similar problem once, but not identical.  Apache was not accessing dbm files for the
Authorizations while those files were NFS mounted.  Yet there seemed to be no problems with
NSF mounts otherwise.  It turned out the total client nfs package had not been totally installed,
and had nothing to do with Apache.  Very weird that no other problems showed up with NFS,
so you might look at your installation, which for sun I guess is rpcbind?

-ds
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brent Snow, Mr.
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 1:42 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] FW: User Dir Mod & NIS

  Good Morning All,

            I currently have a fedora 4 system, and apache 2.0 installed. I have configured
it to work with user homes (UserDir /home/*/www). It works fine as long as it is a local directory
on the computer, but as soon as I join it to the NIS domain, to use the homes off of a NIS
mounted home (auto.home) I am getting a access denied message. Is there a problem with the
Apache serving the homes from an NIS domain? Thanks Brent

  Brent Snow

  SYTACOM Systems Administrator

  McGill University

  514-398-1355