httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M von Ziegenweidt" <maar...@vzhost.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with setting up virtual hosting. Ver. 2.0.54
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:04:38 GMT
Hi,

Can anybody help. I have tried the documentation. As far as I can tell, I've
set the virtual hosting correctly, but it isn't working, so obviously I
haven't.

The "main" webserver is working as intended, but the extra domains set out
in the <virtualhost> blocks are not.

Where should I start looking for a solution. No problems seem to be reported
in the log files. If I type the "virtual" domain name I get through to the
main server base page and am not redirected to the subdirectory.

I have tried a number of combinations including the simple:

Below

Listen *:80

I have

NameVirtualHost *:80

And in the second section I have:

ServerName www.vzhost.co.uk

In section 3 (Virtualhosting) I have the second block set to:

<VirtualHost *:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/noticeboard

ServerName www.norfolknoticeboard.co.uk

</VirtualHost>