httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Kalmus" <m...@kalmus.net>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualHost directive not working after XP SP2 install
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:54:19 GMT
We have a handful of ecommerce sites for my wifes cottage industry business.
We are developing the sites on a PC running Apache v.1.x, but after having
to install XP SP2 so her new Microsoft accounting software would run, her
VirtualHost addresses ceased to work, making site changes arduous.

Previously, she had 127.0.0.1 through 127.0.0.5 as virtual websites that she
would develop and upload after testing to a live server.  But now only
127.0.0.1 is functioning (as localhost) and her PHP server-side include
statements are no longer working.

I've googled this issue to my heart's content and remain stymied.  Microsoft
has a KB hotfix that was to address the loopback failure issue, but we still
can't get to her virtualhosts.

Any guidance you might offer would be greatly appreciated.

M Kalmus