httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Floyd <dave.fl...@pa.press.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] make failed : apache2.0.55 + solaris 2.8 sparc
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 09:58:11 GMT
Hi,
	I downloaded a copy of the same file that you started with.
On looking inside the config.log file, one of the first lines gives
the architecture that it was compiled with:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by configure, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

   $ ./configure --enable-layout=Apache
--prefix=/tmp/httpd-2.0.55/bindist --enable-mods-shared=most
--with-expat=/tmp/httpd-2.0.55/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat
--enable-static-support --enable-proxy=shared
--enable-proxy-connect=shared --enable-proxy-ftp=shared
--enable-proxy-http=shared

## --------- ##
## Platform. ##
## --------- ##

hostname = fodev01
uname -m = sun4u
uname -r = 5.8
uname -s = SunOS
uname -v = Generic_117350-27

/usr/bin/uname -p = sparc
/bin/uname -X     = System = SunOS
Node = fodev01
Release = 5.8
KernelID = Generic_117350-27
Machine = sun4u
BusType = <unknown>
Serial = <unknown>
Users = <unknown>
OEM# = 0
Origin# = 1
NumCPU = 2

	So, it is a precompiled binary for ultrasparc. This may
possibly cause a problem if you do not have the same architecture and
directory structure. You may also want different options, so I would
personally always compile from source rather than use this type of
distribution.
	2.0.58 has been released to cure some deficiencies in 2.0.55
anyway so I suggest downloading:
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.0.58.tar.gz and compiling
from scratch. Then check the README file to find the reccomended
version of GCC to use.

rgds