httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with rewriterule, handlers and documentroot
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 17:31:29 GMT
On 5/30/06, Sebastian Boehm <seb@exse.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> assume the following enviroment:
>
> (Apache 1.3.33)
>
> DocumentRoot /dummy
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /dummy/demo$1
>
> the rewrite rule magically sets the documentroot to /dummy/demo ,
> when the flag [PT] is used it does not change the documentroot.
>
> What I tried to do is: changeing the document-root according to some
> critera but using one handler (via Action) for all of them.
>
> The Problem is:
> - without the PT Flag, the documentroot is changed, so that the
> handler is no longer reachable (cause the path passed to "Action" as
> 2nd argument is relative to the new DocumentRoot)
> - with the PT Flag a couple of weird things happen, for example
> DirectoryIndexes work no longer ( apache says: Directoryindex
> forbidden by rule , which rule? how can I find out?)

Your problem isn't entirely clear to me, because you haven't posted
all the relevant configuration and log entries.

But my advice is not to use Action and mod_rewrite together.  You
should be able to get mod_rewrite to do almost exactly the same thing
as Action does, without the confusing interaction between the two
modules.

Joshua.