httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running PHP as CGI without Shebang
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 15:16:34 GMT
On 5/31/06, nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've tried a few alternative solutions but i can't remember if a global
> ScriptAlias was one of them. Possibly only a global Alias. I will try it
> as soon as i get some time for it.
>
> The configuration is as follows in each vhost.
>
>   AddHandler php-v4 .php
>   Action php-v4 /cgi-bin/program.cgi
>
> This forces each vhost to have a program.cgi which is a copy of the php
> binary interpreter. This is in the <Directory> section of each vhost.
> The section also contains ExecCGI in Options.

Well, you shouldn't need any of that.  You should only need the
following in a global (not vhost) section:

AddHandler php-v4 .php
Action php-v4 /cgi-global/program.cgi
ScriptAlias /cgi-global /full/path/to/global/cgi-bin
and possibly a <Directory /full/path/to/global/cgi-bin> allowing
access depending on the permissions of parent directories.

Joshua.