httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [Question]error_log
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 13:30:40 GMT
On 5/10/06, Okamoto Toshiaki <okamoto3@palette.plala.or.jp> wrote:
> Hi Alls:
> I have two question about error_log.
> 1.ap_log_error()
> I would like to output multiple line comments to error_log by
> ap_log_error().
> But, 5th argument is seemed to be escaped.
> ap_log_error(..,"line1\nline2") ---> "..  line1\nline2" in error_log
> Is it possible to be the following output?
> ".. line1[NL]
> line2"

No, I don't believe that is possible.  (It is possible to turn off the
escaping entirely with a compile-time define I believe.  You might
want to look at what mod_perl is doing, because they faced this
problem when the escaping was added.)

> 2.rotatelog
> I would like rotate error_log by rotatelog.
> For example, 6 generations.
> error_log--->error_log.1--->error_log.2,,,error_log.5--->delete
> Is it possible?

Yes, it works exactly the same as for the access log.  Just specify
"|/path/to/rotatelogs ..." in place of the filename.

Joshua.