httpd-users mailing list archives

From chris <dragonm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Getting Apache to use PHP under Window XP
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 05:33:14 GMT
On 6/1/06, chris <dragonmagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Martyn Griffin <griffinmt@charter.net> wrote:
> >

> > It is where it is specified. But I have moved  it around a bit, into the
> > modules folder and just specifying  modules/php5apache.dll but same failure.
> > I have tried various combinations of absolute and relative paths, tried
> > adding quotes and without, renamed the dll to .so etc etc
> > In all cases I get this same error. But all the other modules seem to load
> > ok.
> > I even pulled the dll out of the distribution zip file again and retried and
> > it still fails.
> >
> > If anyone has this running (PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2), could you show the
> > relevant entries from your .conf file etc.
> >

> I have managed to get these running, this is what I have:
>
> # For PHP 5 do something like this:
> LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> # configure the path to php.ini
> PHPIniDir "c:/php"

also note I had to follow this tip from Tope:

#Please get
#http://www.apachelounge.com/download/mods/php5apache2.dll-php5.1.x.zip
#for a fix.

- in the above is a readme which says:
"
# Install:

- Copy php5apache2.dll to your php folder (eg. c:/php)

- Copy httpd.exe.manifest to apache2/bin

- Finally install the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (the
binary is build with VC 2005).

  Download it from:

  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

  When you have already installed the .NET framework 2 you can skip this step.

"

I downloaded the above.

chris