httpd-users mailing list archives

From chris <dragonm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache for local use only
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 04:35:33 GMT
On 5/23/06, Peter Schmitz <PeterS@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> Chris
>
> Thanks, doesn't seem to be the answer here. Re-installed Apache, same error
> message re port 80, otherwise Apache installer reports success. But no
> short-cuts, etc, anywhere. No error.log file. Turned off computer.
> Restarted. Used system tray icon for Apache to "Start". Got "The requested
> operation has failed!" message. No error.log file anywhere.

I remember going thru the same sorts of things.  Mine runs fine now
but seems to ignore my mime type settings for php and php files come
up as text :(

If u open up control panel, administration, services, are there any
other servicves, such as tomcat, running and using the port?

also, make sure when u reinstall that u select the option for everyone
and port 80.
In one of my reinstalls I discovered it had port 8080 set by default.

if all that is correct, have u modified the httpd.conf yet? If so
there might be an error in setting for htdoc or php.

chris