httpd-users mailing list archives

From chris <dragonm...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuration given in online manual for php not working
Date Sat, 20 May 2006 01:58:54 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use apache httpd 2.2 and php 5.1.4.4 on windows xp.
the php was manually installed in c:/php

when I add the following to httpd.conf (as given in  online manual:
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php):

#
# For PHP 5 do something like this:
LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "c:/php"

the apache server service does not start (if I try using the apache
monitor stop/staRT it says "ther requested opeartion has failed").
THere is no error message in the log to indicate why.
Removing the above allows the service to start.

the file for the loadmodule and ini have correct paths as shown above.

any ideas?

thanks,

chris