httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yoav Weiss" <yee...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Accumulating response bucket brigades
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 21:44:29 GMT
Hi all,

I'm an apache newbie, and I'm currently writing a new output filter.
I'm interested in accumulating a full response in the filter, before I
modify the data. I am aware of the performance implications, but it's
something I must do in order to manipulate the content correctly. I
should also state that most of the responses arrive from the web
(using mod_proxy), so the response time and number of brigades vary
according to network conditions.

I was thinking along the lines of using ap_save_brigade on all the
brigades except for the last one, but I don't know which one is
last...
Is there a trivial way of accumulating the response brigades? or
knowing which brigade is last?
I can always count bytes (in case of content-length) or look for a
zero sized chunk (in case of content-encoding: chunked), but I'm
guessing that work is already done by the server's internals.

Thanks in advance,
Yoav Weiss.