httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kailash Vyas" <kailash.v...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache suexec problem
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 22:18:22 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to setup apache to access user dirsfor apache 2.2

forexample I am setting up a example host
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3:80>
ServerAlias example.com
ServerAdmin info@example.com
DocumentRoot /home/example/public_html
ServerName www.example.com
SuexecUserGroup example example
</VirtualHost>

I am also enabling suexec and find this on starting server

=[Fri May 26 00:10:06 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled
(wrapper: /usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec)

but when I run in browser i get this 403 forbidden error

Forbidden
Do I need to specify any other changes

Permission of public_html
drwxrwxr-x  3 example example 4096 May 25 23:55 public_html

What do I need to specify so that I can get this config up and running

Thanks,
Kailash