httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joel Dice <di...@mailsnare.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy, ProxyPass, smax, ttl
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 20:54:31 GMT
Hi all.

I've been experimenting with HTTPD 2.2.2 and mod_proxy, and I've noticed
that the smax and ttl options for the ProxyPass directive aren't working
as I would expect.  I have several such directives of the following
pattern:

ProxyPass /foo ajp://192.168.6.104:11009/foo smax=0 ttl=30

Everything functions as expected, but if I put a high load on the server
(100+ simultaneous users) and then remove the load, the number of
connections from the web server to the proxy servers never declines
significantly.  The expected behavior is that the now-idle connections
should be closed after 30 seconds as indicated by the ttl parameter.

Have I misinterpreted the meanings of these parameters, or have I
encountered a bug?

Thanks for any insights or suggestions.

  - Joel