httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2 as front end?
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 07:20:05 GMT

Is this the question? You want a three-part chain: A.com -> Bweb.com -> B.domain.com
with only A.com on the web?

You might get away simply with mod_proxy on Bweb.com (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass).

If the proxying scheme is more complicated or has conditional clauses, you might need to use
mod_rewrite in proxy mode ([P] flag), see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/rewriteguide.html.

NB: Be careful when using the word "redirect". It is a technical term meaning to send a 301/302
response to the client, asking it to retry the request to a new URL. You can't do that since
the B machines are not on the web.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Is this possible to configure with Apache? I've look through
> quite a lot of documentation but I think I'm unclear of which
> terminology I should search on.
>
> Any help or pointers to documentation would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Mark

the sender's company.