httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dong, Roland" <Roland_D...@parade.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache WebDav setup problem
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 22:19:55 GMT

I came up with the following setup for webdav access using apache 2 unix
and  tried to test it using WebFolder in Windows xp.

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName admin.mysite.com
 DocumentRoot /var/apache2/htdocs/webdav/
</VirtualHost>

DAVLockDB /app/webdavlock

<Location />
    DAV On
   AuthType Basic
    AuthName webdav
    AuthUserFile /app/passwd/passwords
    Require valid-user
    Satisfy All
</Location>

The problems:

1.  Can not set the location to anything other than document root "/".
If I set it to <Location /test> it will not work.  That is, I can not
set it to http://admin.mysite.com/test. It pops up an authentication
window but not accepting the user/password I setup.

2.  Can not access symbolic links inside the webdav directory.

3.  Can not edit the files directly.

3.  If I remove the authentication portion and leave it like this:

<Location />
    DAV On
 </Location>

It works great, I can access any symbolic links and can even edit the
files directly using textpad.

How can achieve the same result after adding the authentication?  Is
there anything wrong with my configuration?

Thanks,

Roland