httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fenlason, Josh" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication Troubles
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 21:06:34 GMT
I'm trying to move to Apache 2.2.2 and I'm running into some
authentication troubles.
When I enter the correct username/password it authenticates properly.
When I enter an invalid username, I get prompted up to three times and
it fails with a 401 like expected.  My problem is when I attempt to
authenticate with a valid username and provide an invalid password.  It
fails with a 500 error and this message is in the error log "[3692]
auth_ldap authenticate: user admin authentication failed; URI /
[ldap_simple_bind_s() to check user credentials failed][Invalid
Credentials]".  It only prompts me once.  If I don't enter the correct
password, it fails for the browser session.  Has anyone else seen this?
Any suggestions on what's wrong?  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

Here's my authentication configuration:

    <AuthnProviderAlias ldap test>