httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike VanHorn <michael.vanh...@wright.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Large files
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 15:10:59 GMT

I've found on the web where Apache doesn't support the serving of files >2GB
on 32-bit systems (which makes sense; it's not a limitation of Apache, it's
the system on which Apache is running).

I'm running Apache 2.0.52 on a Solaris 10 x86 system, and when we try to
access a file that is around 2.5GB, we get the following error in the log:

(79)Value too large for defined data type

(note that it's 79, not 75 as most people on the net have been reporting).

I don't have any trouble accessing the file on the system itself; it was
uploaded without problem via sftp, and I have been able to cp and mv it
without an issue. So, does anyone have any idea what the problem is with
Apache?

Thanks!

---
Mike VanHorn
Senior Computer Systems Administrator
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
265 Russ Engineering Center
937-775-5157
michael.vanhorn@wright.edu