httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Debin Gao" <gaode...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] piped log on Windows 2003 doesn't work
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 22:14:09 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

The same log.exe works well in accepting inputs in, e.g., "dir | log", so I
don't see why it would fail when launched by httpd.

As far as I know, httpd on windows is multi-threaded, meaning there is only
one child that creates all the threads to handle requests.  (There should be
another parent child, which doesn't create threads.)  So are you saying that
each thread launched its own log.exe process?  Doesn't sound right to me...

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks.

Debin

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 5:24 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] piped log on Windows 2003 doesn't work

Have you enabled some exception handling that would bypass exceptions
on cin?  cin should be closed on the write end of the pipe, before or
as the parent process exits.  The only way this would fail is if somehow
the write end of the pipe is inhereted by the child process.

Launching your program 5x isn't a bug, depending on your config.  Both
the parent process and child process will launch during startup.  That
behavior is unique to windows because child isn't forked.

Bill