httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] https to http proxy with Apache
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 16:41:09 GMT
If your configuration is broken, migrating to Apache 2.2 and use mod_proxy_balancer will make
absolutely no difference since AFAIK ProxyPassReverse works exactly the same way in 2.2 as
it does in 2.0. What you could do though is use AJP instead of HTTP for communication with
your application server.

ProxyPassReverse rewrites the Location header of a HTTP redirect. In order for this rewriting
to kick in, the URL prefix must match the argument to ProxyPassReverse. 

What happens if you remove the ProxyPassReverse directives altogether ? If that changes nothing,
your problem is definitly due to the fact that your argument to ProxyPassReverse does not
match the redirect URLs issued by Tomcat.

If, as you stated in a previous post,  whenever you set "ProxyPreserveHost off" you end up
being redirected to http://andy/webapp, you need to add ProxyPassReverse http://andy/ (or
maybe even http://andy/webapp) to your configuration.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Najdrovsky [mailto:httpd@najdrovsky.com] 
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 5:26 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] https to http proxy with Apache

Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV wrote:
> In that case my guess is that it is the application that generates 
> erroneous redirect URLs. Had tomcat generated the redirect URLs, theyr 
> would have contained the port number also, e.g. http://andy:8012/
>
> Keep your configuration the way it is (ProxyPreserveHost Off) and add the following to
the configuration:
>
> ProxyPassReverse /mywebapp/ http://andy/
>
> or
>
> ProxyPassReverse http://andy/
> (if within a Location)
>
> -ascs
>
>   

Well, if you look at my original post, I'm already doing the 
ProxyPassReverse.   My problem isn't with the whole URL being rewritten 
correctly, it's only with the fact that it's switching protocol from https to http.  However,
if I set the ProxyPreserveHost to 'off', then the URL is incorrect as well.  I'm thinking
that I may try to upgrade the apache to 2.2.2 and attempt to use mod_proxy_balancer.  That
one looks like it is more suited for what I'm trying to accomplish.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message