httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 12:55:47 GMT
VPN/IPsec solutions might also be considered in order to restrict access from the Internet
to only those able to establish a secure session... That would restrict the number of users
who would be able to probe the webmail gizmo.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 2:42 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Access to Webpage

I rather imagined he wanted to avoid that the general public gets to see the login page. It's
fairly easy to allow from intranet and deny from internet. However, I take you point that
the OP will probably come back with a requirement that, in addition to the above, Joe Bloggs
must be allowed access from anywhere. At that point it does indeed move out of apache and
into the application layer (ie, the webmail gizmo).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle