httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Next Newbee Question - Can´t access host from outside firewall...
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 06:17:53 GMT
Given the e-mail address of the original poster, I assume he is setting up an Apache server
in a professional context, and I would be very much surprised if the provider did any kind
of filtering. Chances are that they are their own provider anyway...

It is much more likely he needs to talk to his network administrator about how to make his
HTTP server available from the outside.

Vänlige hälsningar,
-ascs

________________________________

From: M.Makar Azer [mailto:m2azer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:50 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Next Newbee Question - Can´t access host from outside firewall...

I assume 81.227.242.105 is your public ip address
your ISP might be blocking port 80 so you need to open your httpd.conf and change the following
some other ports beside 80 maybe 8080 or something else:

#

Nils-Börje Eklöf <nisse_b@telia.com> wrote:

	Hope someone can consider this question

	When getting Apache 2.2 up and running, and doing well on the local LAN
	I would like to access it remotely. BUT it does not work :-(