httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Correction & Question: SSLCertificateFile: RedHat (RHEL4) apache startup failure: ebxml-registry-repository on tomcat on port 6480, with Mambo LAMP Portal on port 8080: Despite Self-Signed Cert: [error] Server should be SSL-aware but ha
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 12:42:48 GMT
 No need to reinstall Apache. This is only a configuration issue.

You need to tell Apache where to find the
- Server certificate
- Private key associated with the server certificate
- CA Certificate

>From your httpd.conf file, you probably include a configuration file called ssl.conf.
This include directive may be enclosed within a condition like <IfDefine SSL>. Chances
are that the SSL variable is not defined and therefore the ssl.conf file is not loaded. You
can remove this condition altogether (and the associated </IfDefine>), or you can start
Apache with the command "apachectl startssl" rather than "apachectl start".

The module mod_info is very useful for determining exactly what configuation directives have
been loaded into Apache by requesting http://myserver.mydomain.com/server-info which will
give you a list of all loaded modules and all associated configuration directives.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Rex Brooks [mailto:rexb@starbourne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:10 PM
To: Richard de Vries
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Correction & Question: SSLCertificateFile: RedHat (RHEL4) apache
startup failure: ebxml-registry-repository on tomcat on port 6480, with Mambo LAMP Portal
on port 8080: Despite Self-Signed Cert: [error] Server should be SSL-aware but ha

Here is the httpd error_log for that sequence:

[Mon May 08 06:20:21 2006] [notice] core dump file size limit raised
to 4294967295 bytes
[Mon May 08 06:20:22 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled
(wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
[Mon May 08 06:20:22 2006] [error] Server should be SSL-aware but has
no certificate configured [Hint: SSLCertificateFile]

It's beginning to look like I will have to reinstall apache.

Regards,
Rex